We are currently hiring for the following position:
The Homeowner Services Coordinator provides leadership to homeownership and home repair programs including program outreach, case management, homeowner education, mortgage servicing/closings, and post-purchase support.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Serves as the first point of contact for new construction and home repair program applicants, current program participants and recent homebuyers, fielding questions about home purchase process, homebuyer education classes, sweat equity hours, the construction process and home maintenance.
- Manages case files from program participant selection to loan closing and servicing including documenting all communication in database.
- Obtain and maintain Qualified Loan Originator (QLO) certification. Ensures compliance with all federal and state lending laws.
- Manages selection process and serves as staff liaison to the Homeowner Selection Committee: develops applicant outreach, conducts applicant eligibility screening, selection, and deselection, prepares promotional materials and homeowner selection documents, monitors program progress, coordinates home visits, and makes appropriate referrals to other organizations when necessary.
- Uses independent judgment to manage all aspects of homebuyer readiness including planning and leading homebuyer education classes, creating sweat equity calendar and monitoring sweat equity progress to ensure homebuyers meet the requirements before closing.
- Provides guidance and leadership to maintain all mortgage functions. Coordinates house closings, mortgage origination, mortgage servicing agreement, foreclosures, delinquency payment plans, with related 3rd party providers i.e.: (title company, appraisers, lenders, mortgage origination, and mortgage servicing).
- Communicates with other Habitat staff/committees as their work pertains to program participants; i.e., grant requirements, construction schedules, loan closing, etc.
- Ensures families and neighbors are treated as partners with dignity and respect through the application of policies and practices that support the Habitat mission.
- Develops and manages budgets for all homeownership programs and strategies.
- Leads post-purchase support and serves as staff liaison to the Homeowner Support Committee: including homeowner communication, education classes, organizing Blessing of the Build, Dedication ceremonies and the annual Friends and Family Reunion.
- Develops and maintains relationships with social service groups in the community.
- Attends professional development classes, conferences, and workshops.
- Maintains compliance with grant requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelors’ degree in finance, psychology, social work and/ or a combination of 2-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- At least two years’ experience in case management preferred.
- Mortgage lending or banking experience and/or NMLS certification preferred.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize work.
- Work effectively with volunteers and team members.
- Ability to independently create, interpret and implement policies.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and actively listen.
- Ability to develop and present Habitat programming to audiences of varying sizes.
- Proficient in the use of PC software, such as Microsoft Office, and CRM experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Experience working with grant management and implementation preferred.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please submit as one combined document cover letter, resume, salary expectations and references via one of the following methods:
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: 1211 N Nokomis NE, Alexandria, MN 56308
Application deadline: June 14, 2019
Prior to being hired, applicants are required to have a valid driver’s license, and pass a criminal background check and a credit history check as part of the pre-employment screening process.
Competitive benefits package including health/dental insurance and paid-time off. Compensation is dependent on education and experience.
Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.