Freddie Mac CreditSmart®
CreditSmart® Consumer Online Training
Get Smart About Credit and Homeownership today! Habitat for Humanity of Douglas County has adopted Freddie Mac’s CreditSmart® Consumer Online Training to help future homeowners learn more about credit and homeownership. The information provided in these flexible, interactive modules will prove essential in helping you to achieve your financial and homeownership goals.
Freddie Mac’s CreditSmart® online training course will help you:
· Understand the importance of building credit to secure your financial future.
· Gain insight into how lenders assess your eligibility for a mortgage loan.
· Recognize the warning signs of predatory lending and scams.
· Learn the steps to successful homeownership.
· Safeguard your home and your finances against life’s unexpected challenges.
· Learn what to do if you ever have difficulty making your mortgage payments.
Freddie Mac was created by Congress. Freddie Mac is known as FHLMC which stands for Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation. It performs an important role in the nation’s housing finance system – to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the mortgage market. It helps provide liquidity (ready access to funds on reasonable terms) to the thousands of banks, savings and loans, and mortgage companies that make loans to finance housing. To learn more about Freddie Mac, please visit www.freddiemac.com.