Am I Eligible?
Habitat homeowners are selected based on the following criteria:
1. Need for housing
- Does your current home have health, safety or affordability issues?
- Do you have fewer bedrooms than necessary for the size of your family?
2. Ability to pay
- Are you free of any collections, delinquencies or bankruptcies?
- Are you unable to get a traditional loan to purchase a home?
- Does your income fall within 30-80% of the area median income for Douglas County?
|FY 2019 Median Family Income Limit||1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
|30% Income Limits||$16,050||$18,350||$20,650||$22,900||$24,750||$26,600||$28,400||$30,250|
|80% Income Limits||$42,750||$48,850||$54,950||$61,050||$65,950||$70,850||$75,750||$80,600|
3. Willingness to partner
- Are you willing to contribute 200 hours of sweat equity?
- Are you willing to participate in education and training programs?
4. Lived or worked in Douglas County for at least one year
About Our Homes
A typical new house has about 1,100 square feet of finished living space. Most homes have three bedrooms and one bathroom. Habitat uses green building practices to make the homes and their utilities affordable. Homes are built with volunteers led by our Construction Manager.
What does it cost?
Habitat homes are a hand up. Homeowners make regular monthly mortgage payments, which are recycled to help build more Habitat homes
How do I apply?
Call our office at 320-762-4255 to get your name on the list to receive an application or fill out the form below.