What is Aging in Place?
Aging in Place is a program that partners with people age 65 or older to make improvements to the safety, accessibility or energy efficiency of the home.
You may qualify for the program if you meet the following criteria:
- You are 65 or older, or someone who lives in your home full-time is age 65 or older
- You own and live in your home full-time (rental properties are not eligible for this program)
- Your home is in Douglas County, MN and have lived there at least one year
- Your income falls below 80% of the median income for Douglas County
- Provide proof of insurance on home
How do I apply?
Call our office at 320-762-4255 extension 102 to request an application or click below to download and print the application.
What is the cost?
Our Aging in Place program is a hand-up not a hand out. Repayment is determined on a sliding scale based on homeowner income to ensure affordability. Aging in Place projects have a maximum cost of $6,000.